Now we are back in full swing ministry here! We came back to the country still with political unrest, but it is very managable. Alex is back with the youth at church, with youth group on Saturay nights. There was also a leadership conference last Saturday held for those serving in ministry.
The youth have been planning a trip for this Saturday where they will again work with people who live in the city's trash dump. Please pray for hearts to be open and needs to be met.
Please pray for Alex as he prepares to teach Saturday classes for one month to students who are preparing to be pastors. It is a great opportunity for him, but comes at a very busy time in the church and in our family's new school schedule as well.
A few months ago there was an earthquake on the northern coast of Honduras - felt even here in the capital city! The church actually suffered a little damage to the already shifting foundation (the physical foundation that is...the spiritual foundation is strong! :) ). It created a lot more huge cracks in the church, so construction has begun to repair the damage!
Last weekend Alex and the kids participated in a "Kids Sports Day" and had a ball. Caleb and Sara enjoyed every minute of it! Pictures to come soon!
I am back to teaching now for the first time in a year. Last year I was off from teaching while still on maternity leave and taking a sabbatical to start seminary classes. I am still teaching high school biology and have my work cut out for me! We have a brand new book, which means new notes, quizzes, exams etc. for me to prepare. I am enjoying getting to know my new students and working on building a relationship with them. It is a ministry working with them as I get to do devotionals with them every day, do Biblical integration in with the biology curriculum, as well as just simply investing in their lives.
Please pray for us as our whole family adjusts to a very busy and hectic schedule. Please pray for health, safety and God's protection over our lives, and that we may be used to further His Kingdom!
Leadership Conference
Leadership Conference
Construction
Sunday School
Sunday School
More of Construction (oh....and two kiddos that I think are keepers! :)
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go" Joshua 1:9
No comments:
Post a Comment